The Swedish diet is one of the most popular diets in the world. The Swedish diet, which is applied by people who want to lose weight fast, is preferred by those who want to get their body in shape. We have compiled for you all you need to know about the Swedish diet.
The Swedish diet is a diet that emerged in Scandinavian countries to reduce the obesity rate. In our country, it is known as the 13-day diet or the Swedish diet. The diet aims to lose 7-20 kilos in two weeks. The most striking feature of the diet is that it promises not to gain any weight in two years.
Due to the rapid weight loss of the Swedish diet, the American Heart Foundation does not recommend this diet to people with health problems. It is very important to follow the diet in consultation with a specialist in order to avoid any health problems.
The Swedish diet contains few carbohydrates, a large amount of quality fat and protein. This diet is applied for 13 days within the framework of some rules. In this diet, foods are separated into edible/not edible.
Foods that can be eaten in the Swedish diet;
• Meat, chicken, fish, turkey and shellfish
• Organic eggs
• Full-fat natural dairy products, yoghurt, butter, sour cream, cream cheese, full-fat cheeses
• Nuts; walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hazelnuts and cashews (consumed within certain limits in this diet)
• Vegetables such as cabbage, cauliflower, mushrooms, cucumbers, onions, peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, zucchini, eggplant, olives, spinach, lettuce, avocados
• Some grains such as oats, rye
• Vegetable oils
Some foods are restricted in the Swedish diet. In terms of their negative affect in the weight loss process, there is a limitation on not consuming some foods more than twice a week.
• Carrots, celery and beets
• Fruits because they contain sugar
Foods that should not be consumed in the Swedish diet:
• Non-fat and normal milks due to high milk content
• Refined oils and margarine
• Desserts, cream cakes, cakes, candy, chocolate, ice cream, artificial sweeteners and sweetened dairy products
• Bread, pasta, muesli, rice, potatoes, french fries, chips, porridge, legumes and lentils due to their high carbohydrate content.
How is the Swedish Diet Applied?
The Swedish Diet is applied for 13 days by observing certain rules.
While on a Swedish diet, it is necessary to avoid consuming acidic and sugary drinks. Tea should be consumed in the amount specified by an expert.
The point to be considered in the Swedish diet is that if the Swedish diet is applied for more than 13 days, it can harm the metabolism. Therefore, it is necessary not to do the Swedish diet for more than 13 days. Likewise, doing the Swedish diet for less than 6 days will not affect the weight loss process.
Water consumption is very important during the diet. It is necessary to consume two liters of water a day. Drinking water helps to remove toxins from the body. Therefore, consuming two liters of water a day will accelerate the weight loss process.
The purpose of the Swedish diet is to lose weight by reducing the amount of food consumed. Therefore, it is extremely important to prepare a diet plan suitable for this diet and to comply with this plan.
In the Swedish diet, vegetables should be preferred seasonally. Vegetables grown naturally in their season will help you both eat healthily and lose weight during the weight loss process. Vegetables must be consumed as boiled or grilled. It is important not to consume salt in this diet.