Intermittent fasting, which means "Intermittent Fasting" in English, is a type of diet that has been tried by many people. Intermittent fasting, which helps those who want to lose weight to burn fat and those who do not want to lose their form, to maintain their weight, is among the most curious diet types.
The intermittent fasting diet, which is known for its similarity to the traditional behavior of Ramadan fasting, is applied by consuming food at certain times. Unlike Ramadan fasting, it is the consumption of beverages such as water, coffee and tea outside of the fasting period. At the same time, Ramadan fasting has a cultural meaning, which distinguishes it from intermittent fasting.
What are the Effects of Intermittent Fasting?
Intermittent fasting has many positive effects on the human body. Some changes that occur in the human body when fasting are as follows:
• Corrects hormone levels by converting stored fats into energy.
• Since it increases growth hormone levels, it plays an important role in muscle gain and fat burning.
• It reduces insulin levels considerably and as a result, stored fats are easily burned.
• When the body starts to starve, cells are repaired. Cells use the process of autophagy to digest and dispose of dysfunctional proteins. With this process, the repaired cells are renewed and the body is energetic.
• At the same time, anti-aging enzymes are secreted in the body during fasting. In this way, intermittent fasting helps to stay young.
• It reduces the risk of cancer, heart disease and type 2 diabetes. In addition to these, intermittent fasting, which has positive effects on brain health, allows the body to be fit and young with its beneficial effects.
How Long After Intermittent Fasting Has an Effect on the Body?
Losing weight is one of the first reasons to go on an intermittent fasting diet. This dietary model, which is designed to open the intervals between your meals, makes it possible to lose weight by reducing the daily calorie intake. It also lowers insulin levels, causing an increase in the release of norepinephrine, known as the fat burning hormone.
With the changing hormones after intermittent fasting, the metabolic rate increases. Thanks to a faster metabolism, weight loss becomes easier. In this context, researchers find that intermittent fasting is an effective weight loss technique.
According to the findings of a study conducted in 2014; Individuals following an intermittent fasting diet may experience weight loss symptoms over a period of 3 to 24 weeks. According to another study, intermittent fasting also helps to slim the waist. In this way, intermittent fasting is effective in removing the excess in the abdomen that causes many serious ailments.
Another study on this topic showed that following an intermittent fasting diet resulted in less muscle loss than diets focused on what one eats rather than period when one eats. In short, the intermittent fasting diet accelerates the metabolism and helps you lose weight by allowing you to take fewer calories by limiting the time during the day.