What is the Tom Brady Diet? How Do You Follow It?
What is the Tom Brady Diet? How Do You Follow It?

The Tom Brady diet is a popular nutrition program practiced by athletes and celebrities. This diet program, which is rich in nutritional value, includes foods that promote healthy and proper nutrition.

The Tom Brady diet is mentioned in the 2017 book "The TB12 Method" by professional American football player Tom Brady. This diet, which aims to increase energy levels, is aimed to eat processed foods minimally and opt for nutrient-rich foods.

The Tom Brady diet can be described as a mixture of such regimens as the anti-inflammatory diet, the alkaline diet, and the Mediterranean diet. It is a type of nutrition in which 20% of the daily nutrition is lean meat and the rest is mainly fruits and vegetables. This diet consisting of whole grains and legumes does not let the consumption of processed and artificial foods such as added sugar, artificial sweeteners, trans fats, caffeine, alcohol, and iodized salt.

What to Look for in the Tom Brady Diet

In the Tom Brady diet, it is recommended not to combine fruits with other foods. It is also recommended not to consume high-protein foods such as meat or fish with foods that are rich in carbohydrates. In this diet, it is also important that you don't drink water with your meal and that you should not eat three hours before bedtime.

Limiting the intake of many processed foods that you eat every day will help you lose weight. In this method that you combine foods, it is clear which foods can and cannot be eaten together. Limiting foods at the same time will reduce calorie intake.

Evening snacks are not recommended in the Tom Brady diet. Also, the amount of food to be consumed before bedtime is limited. This is another point that reduces the daily calorie intake. The appearance of a calorie deficit will allow you to lose weight.

The Tom Brady diet includes fiber-rich foods such as fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts, and seeds. The Tom Brady diet, which promotes abundant water consumption, will help you both eat healthily and stay hydrated.

Including fiber-rich foods in the diet causes you to lose weight. Fiber-rich foods provide satiety for a long time. This condition will allow you to lose weight. In addition, consuming at least 1.5 liters of water every day will help get rid of edema and lose weight.

The Tom Brady diet also has a lot in common with the Mediterranean diet. Both types of diet include plenty of vegetables and fruits, legumes, whole grains, nuts, and seeds, as well as plenty of water consumption and lean meat.

Fruits and vegetables consumed in the Tom Brady diet should be organic. Gluten-free whole grains such as brown rice, quinoa, oats, millet, buckwheat, and amaranth should be consumed. All legumes, except soybeans, are included in this diet list.

About 80% of the diet should consist of plant-based foods, and the remaining 20% should consist of lean meat or fish.